Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Mark My Words"

I don't know why I try
To work it out for you and her,
When it's really me, you should see.
It's different, mark my words.

I keep thinking it's all in my head.
When I go to sleep and start dreaming,
I wake up and realize,
That it's her that you're seeing.

This pain that I'm feeling,
Is deep in my heart..
It makes me think that,
We're just drifting apart.

You say that you love me.
Believe me, I know..
But it's making it harder,
For me to let go.

I try to hide this pain that I'm in,
So you can't see how it hurt me in the end.
It was your choice between her and I,
I guess all I can say is that I tried.

So now that you've chosen.
I see how this ties..
As I hide all my pain,
And try not to cry.

I put on a smile for everyone else.
Bury my emotions deep within myself..
I've been with you through think and thin.
I guess this is where "goodbye" has to begin.

I dont think I really understand
How she seemed better at the time...
Or why she can have you as her man..
And you just kinda left me behind...

This really is heartbreaking..
I dont know what to do..
Just mark my words that this part is true...
I really do think I'm in love with you...

3 comments: