Saturday, January 28, 2012

Behind These Hazel Eyes

Behind these eyes, you will view many things in my life. Pain. Pleasure. Fear. Courage. Regrets. Mistakes. Happiness. Passion. Joy. Peace. War. Success. and Failure. Many of these, I see in myself and also in others. I see more things than others give me credit for. I see when they are experiencing all of these, the good and bad. I view these at a distance and in complete silence. I try not put too much commentary onto things that dont concern me. I watch from behind my own eyes and keep my personal thoughts in my head. I believe that others may think of being quiet and confined as to being weak and not prepared. Yet, in most cases, they are usually the strongest ones! They know how to control themselves and to only speak out their opinions when needed. I have seen many things with these green-brown eyes. No one else will ever see what I have seen. Many others judge people on what they do, say, think and wear. But should they really judge on what they, themselves see? Should they judge before the know? Before they listen and learn? ......Through these eyes, I have seen the nicest people be misjudged and put down before anyone even put forth the effort to listen and try to understand what that person has been through. I believe that I try to get to know the stories and backgrounds of others before I judge because know whats it's like to not be listened to and not given the chance to share what I have been through! No one has ever seen the world through my eyes. No one has ever felt my tears, felt my joy, felt my sorrow, felt my rejoyce. No one ever will. Only me. Some may know some of them from the stories that I have told, yet they will never know the honest feelings I have felt for myself.  So one lesson to be learned here is to never judge a book by its cover.....because you will never be able to see things through these eyes.


-h

1 comment:

  1. this post...and the last one too, are two of my favorites you've written. Especially because they're so true!!

    ReplyDelete